Saturday, September 3, 2016
This year we are working with the Mt. Pleasant City for an exciting day of racing. All proceeds are going toward building a swimming pool.
(Scroll down for Rules, Schedule, and FAQ)
Adult Duathlon 8:00 AM
$30 early registration, $35 day of the race:
2 mile Run, 15 mile Bike, 2 mile Run
Children’s Duathlon 9:00 AM (Helmets are required.)
$3 early registration, $5 day of the race
Children 5 and under:
1/4 mile run, 1/4 mile bike, 1/4 mile run
Children 6-9 Years:
1/4 mile run, 1 mile bike, 1/4 mile run
Children 10-13 Years:
1/2 mile run, 1 mile bike, 1/2 mile run
5K Race 8:00 AM:
$10 early registration, $15 day of race
Early Registration February 1- August 29, 2016
- Participants must wear assigned number on the front of shirt. Your number must be visible at all times. (Race belts are permitted.) You will not receive proper times unless your number is visible.
- Helmets are mandatory when riding before, during, and after the event. No exceptions. Helmets must be buckled even when participant is walking the bike into and out of transition areas.
- You must walk your bike out of and into the transition area.
- No iPods or headphones may be worn by the athletes during the event. Wearing iPods or headphones during the race will result in a 2 minute time penalty or disqualification.
- No glass, pets, friends, or family in the transition area and no pets, baby joggers, or outside assistance allowed during the race. (One parent may accompany his/her child for the children’s race. The parent must wear the identifying tag provided at check-in.)
- Transition areas close promptly at stated time. No entrance into transition will be permitted after stated time.
- Drafting during the bike will result in a 3 minute time penalty or disqualification. Participants must keep a fifteen foot distance between bikes. Allow 3 bike lengths between you and the next person in front of you except when passing; drop back 3 bike lengths after being passed. You have 15 seconds to pass.
- 7:00 AM Transition Areas Open, Race Day Registration Opens, Packet Pick-Up Opens
- 7:45 AM Pre Race Meeting/Race Day Registration Ends/Transition Area Closes/5K & Du Pre-Race Announcements
- 7:55 Gather at Starting Line
- 8:00 AM Duathlon Starts/5K Starts
- 8:45 AM Children’s Race Meeting/Children’s Transition Area Closes
- 8:55 Gather at Starting Line
- 9:00 Children’s Race Starts
- 10:30 Awards Ceremony
- 12:00 Transition Areas Close
- 12:15 Transition Area Break Down
- Please check back for updates/changes to the schedule.
Is this race open to beginners?
Yes! The Horseshoe Duathlon is designed to be an introduction to multi-sport racing.
Can I ride a mountain bike?
You can ride a mountain bike, single speed bike, or a tri bike.
Do I have to buy a USA Triathlon Membership to participate?
No, we are not sanctioned by USAT.
How do I register?
You can register online here. You may also register at:
- Mt. Pleasant City Recreation Center (10 North State Street)
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable clothes you can run and bike in. Tri shorts are strongly recommended. Any shirt will do but a tight-fitting shirt will be less drag on the bike.
If you are not comfortable with spandex, then just wear shorts and a T-shirt.
What is your severe weather policy?
We will make every effort to race, but safety is our #1 concern. If questionable weather is forecasted, we will post updates to the website on race day about the race status. Lightning and torrential flooding are pretty much the only thing that will keep us from racing.
New to Duathlons?
Check out this informative link at Racing Underground.